The Health and Safety at Work, etc Act 1974 (HSWA) is the principal piece of statute law regulating health and safety in the workplace. In terms of construction, The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 fall underneath the umbrella of the HSWA and apply to all construction projects in The United Kingdom.
McGowan Miller offer a full Health and Safety advisory service to Construction companies to assist in meeting their duties and responsibilities under the HSWA and CDM2015. The service can be completely tailored to the requirements of the company. The role may involve:
- Briefing/Training on the foundations of Health & Safety.
- Production/Review of company Health and Safety Policy.
- Production/Review of Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Safe Systems of Work, Permit-to-Work Systems.
- Measuring, auditing and reviewing company health and safety.
- Briefing/Training on controlling and managing workplace hazards including: substance misuse; transport/vehicle/plant; musculoskeletal; work equipment/tools; electrical safety; fire safety; chemical and biological health; physical and psychological; working at height; excavation; confined spaces and demolition hazards.
- Production/Review of Site rules, inductions, welfare facilities, site security.
- Site safety audits, scoring, reporting and review.
- Production/Review of relevant Construction Phase Plan and Health & Safety File Information.